Saturday, May 24, 2008

Here Without You (Goodbye Farah, Goodbye Dearest Sister).

How do U tell someone goodbye?? I mean, how do you say it when she's gone so sudden? I don't know. I do know that I miss her, a lot. It's been about 3 weeks today since Farah left us. I feel so big a chunk of my life's been taken away. I find myself sitting, staring zombie like so many a times. I find myself going through all my foto albums like I've seen it for the very first time. On my last entry, on the comments sections, on May 3, she made this comment, " We all have to go one day. My only hope is that we don't "trouble" those we leave behind "unnecessarily" sis. ....May 3, 2008 12:02 AM"

It's so odd (!) she made that remark and exactly a day later, she left us. I can't help but felt it's like she had some premonition of sorts. I don't know, I really don't know but I keep seeing her face in my mind's eye so vivid as if she's there in front of me, only to vanish into thin air when I try to hug her. When she passed away, she had so much to look forward to in life. She's always been entreprenuerial. She came here to set up a boutique chain. She managed to set up 7 boutiques in less than 18 months and all were running and humming sweetly. She was always on business trips here and there. One minute she'll be calling me somewhere from Paris or London and the next “Jen, release the gate hun, I'm right in front of your home.”

She gave me so much! I met my hubby through her. When she met my better half for the first time, she told me later, she went like “...hmm! Jen would love this guy!!!” and I did, I married him after a 5 year relationship. He cried like on the day his dad passed away. Farah (and Kai) were the two closest friends he had among all the buddies we have. We did not talk to each other for a couple of days after Farah's funeral. He took his paid leave and I did too. We just went about stuff very zombie like. Only in the last week did we both sit down during dinner and talked about her. We missed her, lotzzz. I cried till my tears dried out. I can't express the sorrow I feel. I dinna want to blog about this but I decided to, may be it'll help lighten the pain.

Her dad was so devastated, still is. She was the only child he had. He had always considered me and my hubby his son and daughter too. He was like a father to both of us. I feel my own pain, I feel Sha's pain and I feel her dad's pain. I find it so overwhelming at times.

I just extended my leave today for another fortnight. I feel I gotta be there too for her dad these few weeks.

I love you Fah. I'll miss you, always sister. Rest in Peace dearest sister.


Bye Farah. I LOVE YOU, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU !!!


Ps: To those that know her, Farah Hanizah died in an auto accident while back home in Brisbane on May 4, 2008. God Bless her soul. Amen. Now as I read my previous entry, with Farah's comments and the entry itself, all of it somehow seems so very, very strange!!