Sunday, September 2, 2007

Fat???

Are you? Fat I mean. Why are we women (not all) so obsessed with that thing called 'fat'? Here's my conversation with my mate a while back. It went something like this ;

Him : Oh God!!!
Me : What's wrong hun?
Him : Look at this vid. Seriously, why would women THINK men want them all scrawny thin and bone like? This is damn awful, take a look Jen.
I went over to the utube video he was watching and well, yeah I have to agree with them, my beau and that video obviously.
Me : I think most of them need some form of psychiatric care. I don't think the average woman want that kind of figure anyway. Men too I would think.
Him : Definitely not! I like you the way you are, all fleshy and umm...well, you. You know what I mean.
Me : Me fleshy?? Really? Gosh, you mean I'm fat?? (Suddenly, an alarm bell rang in my head)
Him : (in a very defensive manner) Noooo! definitely not! That's not what I mean BUT hell, I rather have you with even a little bit more flesh than those skinny ones! Obviously! I wanna feel your body when I hug you NOT some hard bones hun. Don't ever think of dieting. I can live with you being a few kilos overweight. (The emphasis there on a few....)
Me : Ummm, well i hope I never have to. Diet I mean.

I think we need to accept and love ourselves first before others will. Wonder if that makes sense. Also, the media in many ways are to be blamed for the constant barrage of advertisements that keep touting and flaunting off superficial beauty. Teens or young insecure adults can and easily be swayed by these ads. Anyway, the video clip we were watching when this subject was raised is included here. Watch it. Perhaps some food for thought for all of us.

Peace.









Update : In Paris!!! :-D Go All Blacks Go!!!

22 comments:

Leah said...

It's sad ain't it when lives are need lessly lost like that. When in the third world countries we really have famines and yet here, people CHOOSE to starve themselves, albeit, thru sickness I admit....but still, when the health counsellor's just a stone throws away.

kiko-mirko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kiko-mirko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Souvent femme varie, bien fol qui s'y fie.

sometimes that can be our undoing jen.

Terra said...

YOU fat?? YOU????????!!! I wish I had your figure! If you were kidding that's well & fine but if you even entertained a fleeting second of being fat in your mind, then well, you definitely are NOT!

On those women who become bags of bones, it's debatable on blaming the media part but I am inclined to agree to most extent.

Terra said...

but again, those women that KNOW they have this disorder and yet refused to go and see a physician, then I think that is extreme stupidity. I mean their life is at stake. They know this surely!?

Unknown said...

we place too much emphasis on physical beauty don't we? Have we become that shallow?

ps: Kyle, I am going to remind you on those words one day ;)

Unknown said...

we place too much emphasis on physical beauty don't we? Have we become that shallow?

ps: Kyle, I am going to remind you on those words one day ;)

Unknown said...

"Kyle said...

Personally, I like women ROUND :-D, the rounder, the better. I have no probs with them :) "

ahh!! there is still hope for mankind;)

I'm err, kinda round but hell if i'm gonna lose some weight for any man. I like me the way I am. Yes, you do have to love y'self first before others would.

Unknown said...

beg your pardon but in your case you look fab! don't think you need any form of weight loss program for sure. Those women as depicted in that video needed help but may be in some of the cases, self denial prevented them from seeking any help.

Unknown said...

I am sorry for this double posting but you've got a mighty good site here.

JT, from Kingston, Jamaica.

Anonymous said...

I was trying my darndest not to say anythin hun. Why? You know that SOME people are just waiting for me to say something *wink* ;) but I just have to say this. Even if that "few" kilos get more then just err "few" well, I still luv ya! You are more than just a "physical package" (I hate that word) Have a nice day luv.

ps: I win, you loose. I did say something here! :)

Anonymous said...

To Kai

I thought it was YOU that kept Jlo under your bed?? You said so remember? ;) Me, I keep Jen's foto in my wallet, my laptop and my diary ;)

double hah!! ;)

Anonymous said...

"Even if that "few" kilos get more then just err "few" well, I still luv ya!" .................

ooooooooooooooooh..Jen! print this, keep this for safekeeping!! and you got many witnesses too, hehee.

naah, just kiddin alryt? Yeah, we are what we are. We should not buy those ad gimmick too quickly.

JenMarie said...

leah - it's sad, yeah.

kyle - really??? the rounder the better??? really really??

nadine - Je pense la même chose aussi.

kai - thank you! :-D the under the bed thingy? lol, I think he's answered ya;) what say you then?

JenMarie said...

terra - me fat?? you also think so? j/k ;) but i won't really know what's oing thru their minds you know.

lynn - agreed!!

jterrence - welcome! kia ora :) and THANK YOU very much! You are too kind indeed. Peace.

syl - I will indeed!!

Note: Please don't apologise for posting twice. Hell, you guys can post 3, 4 or 5 times or more!! you are all more than welcome!

JenMarie said...

I love you, what is there to say here hun? What can i say that won't make you feel unconfortable that I have NOT said? I wish you don't have that "no comment" rule applied on my bloggings ya know :(

It's always ..i mean ALWAYS nice to see you give your thoughts once in a while. I won't pester for every entry okiee? ...ummm, but i won't mind if you do :)

ps : Kai, yeah I can vouch for what he says :Pfft

Anonymous said...

awww! that's so sweet Jen :) Hey sha, yeah dude, OFF with that self imposed no comment rule! I wanna hear your thots too! winky winky winks ;>

Leah said...

hey!! about posing nude?? would ya do it for a cool mill? :D

Unknown said...

I don't know much about this sickness. I think it's darn awful to be that thin! If I don't know better, I would have thought they're war victims of darfur (except of cos that they're whites).

Peace Jen. You guys have a nice time in Paris. Enjoy the game, heck enjoy France!

Anonymous said...

have a great time mahr. And yeah, don't ever mention that D word.

Unknown said...

Jen, what's happened to some of the other 9N?? I'm just curious. May be you can update us? I don't see many of them except Farah and Kai.