Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Down memory lane.

"Je t'aime... moi non plus"

Here's part of the lyrics in French,
"tu va et tu viens
entre mes reins
tu vas et tu viens
entre mes reins
et je
te rejoins- je t'aime je t'aime
moi non plus
oh, mon amour...
comme la vague irrésolu"

Literally translated into English, that means "You go and you come between my hips(kidneys), you go and you come between my hips(kidneys) and I rejoin you- I like you I
like you me no more oh, my love..." and with that the female singer's soft moaning of ecstasy as they make love. It's obviously referring to the physical actions of a couple making love. It's a very erotic song then and still is now, where I am concerned. That song first came out in 1969. I was not even around then. The first time I heard this song was when I was a 9 year old living in Lyon, France.

It's funny how songs can transport you from one place to another in a split second! I caught that song from utube by chance and it brought back lovely memories of my dad(and my mom, God Bless their souls and keep them safe, Amen). I remember coming down the stairs, many, many years ago, as that song was playing. My dad was making breakfast for us. Mom was washing up the utensils.

I asked my dad a really innocent question as most 9 year olds would(I think). I heard the soft female "cries" and the sensuous male whisperings, so I asked my dad "Why is that man & woman singing that way papa?" Such a simple question(well to me it was simple) and my dad looked at my mom quickly and turned back and answered me. I remember everything. It went this way,

Dad: They are just talking to each other in a loving way Jen
Me: Why?
Dad: What do you mean princess?
Me: I mean I never hear you talk with mommy that way and you do love mommy don't you??
Dad: Of course I do princess, of course. Well, sometimes other people don't necessarily express the love that way princess.
Me: Why not? Why don't you express it to mommy like them? I think they must love each other very much.
Dad: Them? Well may be but that's just a song princess. You can't really tell.
Me: But I can! I can! They love each other. Papa, Mommy can I hear you both talk that way? It makes me feel better.
Dad (getting fidgety): Well princess, people who love each other don't really talk that way. I mean they do....and...And, well they don't princess.
Mom (steps in to rescue dad): Honey, I think it's time (as she gave my dad a wink).

Fathers, they always make you feel special with just a smile or calling you 'princess' and mothers, they are always there when you(or fathers!) need them. I realize fully what that wink meant only a couple of years later. That was the day I knew what kept the birds and the bees busy.

Enjoy that song. It's really romantic not too mention erotic and Sha agrees too. Sha? Him I will get into it another day ;)



I added this one too. This one reminded of my dad absolutely! Gosh, I miss him. I miss both of them too. Thank God, I have my mate when I feel like I need a shoulder to cry on. There are times you just can't help it. You know, like you wish you could have done certain things in a different way. Anyway, God bless your soul papa. You too mom. I love both of you, always!



Peace.

21 comments:

JenMarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jen, all the lyrics here in French for those curious ;)

Je t'aime
oh, oui je t'aime!
moi non plus
oh, mon amour...
comme la vague irrésolu

je vais je vais et je viens
entre tes reins
et je
me retiens-je t'aime je t'aime
oh, oui je t'aime !
moi non plus
oh mon amour...
tu es la vague, moi l'île nue

tu va et tu viens
entre mes reins
tu vas et tu viens
entre mes reins
et je
te rejoins- je t'aime je t'aime
moi non plus
oh, mon amour...
comme la vague irrésolu

je vais je vais et je viens
entre tes reins
et je
me retiens
tu va et tu viens
entre mes reins
tu vas et tu viens
entre mes reins
et je
te rejoins- je t'aime je t'aime
oh, oui je t'aime !
moi non plus
oh mon amour...
l'amour physique est sans issue

je vais et je viens
entre tes reins
je vais et je viens
et je me retiens
non ! maintenant

Anonymous said...

and yes, it's an erotic song but it is a lovely song indeed. Love it Jen! thanks for sharing too.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Also I think that it's very apt that romance is synonym to Paris. It's not called the city of Love for nuthin' you know.

I like this post alot Jen. It's touching too! May they rest in peace, amen. God Bless.

cya l8ter too.

Terra said...

Viva la France! hehe. naah, seriously! Anyway, nice post Jen. Both o them were really fabtastic pair! May god bless them always. RIP.

Terra said...

by the way, I only learnt about what the birds were doing with the bees when I was 12. You're an early starter huh ;)

Unknown said...

ehh? U have got 2 of the same song, that je taime, on your site. Why? Just curious. Yeah, that song plus the french, boy, I sure feel horny :/

JenMarie said...

Cee - Merci beaucoup. Il me fait excité aussi parfois ;)

Nadine - later

Terra - thanks dear. Amen. Thank you.

blue - I just said the same thing to Cee ;) *wink*

JenMarie said...

oops, yup Blue. Twice coz as I make more entries later on, this post will move out of sight. So I wanted one permanently within easy sight. That's why there is 2.

peace

Anonymous said...

When this song was released I think the furore and hooha over it made it rose to such extreme popularity. The Vatican must have regretted it then ..haha. Yes I agree, this is a lovely entry Jen.


ps: May they rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

Wait, some ppl also believed that jane Birkin and Serge were really making love while recording! Can you believe that silliness?

Unknown said...

It's a lovely song. Even if it's erotic, there's nothing lewd about it cuz it really is done tastefully. My two shillings worth.

May God Bless their souls too Jen. RIP. Amen.

Farah said...

Reading about this made me miss them too Jen. They were always fun to be with. May God bless them and keep them safe together.

I think this post among all so far touched me most. Thanks for the memories too.

Feeling kinda melancholic, miss you guys too.

Unknown said...

I love that song! Funny how some songs so many years back recognizes no time limits or constraints. It's liked then and it still is now.

Peace people.

Unknown said...

May both of them rest in peace. Parents, what can you say? The really responsible ones seem to have a knack of fixing all things for us. Many things that we take for granted, we'll only realize that when we become parents ourselves.

Unknown said...

my dad was a great cook. Much much better at it thn my mom too! and yeah, a loving father and hubby! Men like them give me hope that a good man exists out there somewhere!May they all rest in peace. Amen

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

yeah, that's some song. Never knew what it really meant till years later..lol.

nice blog btw

keep the peace.

Terra said...

Hey!! log in, log in! give me an update :P

JenMarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JenMarie said...

sorry for this delay :(

here goes,

Shayna - making love while recording this song? lol, yeah i don't think that's possible....err I think ;)

Lynn - yes, I agree. There's nothing lewd about this song. Peace Lynn.

Fah - Thanks a alot. Cya in due time


Darkangel - Yup. Thanks :)

JTerrence- Can I just use JT next time? Well, I guess we're human after all. It's true what ya say though.

Blue - ya said it!


Kanera - welcome and thank YOU :)


Terra - :Pftt (just did that)