Thursday, August 9, 2007

The REAL Superman

It should read as "The Real SupermEn" actually. That's a picture of Team Hoyt. Dick and Rick Hoyt are a father-and-son team from Massachusetts who together compete just about continuously in marathon races. And if they’re not in a marathon they are in a triathlon — that daunting, almost superhuman, combination of 26.2 miles of running, 112 miles of bicycling, and 2.4 miles of swimming. Together they have climbed mountains, and once trekked 3,735 miles across America.

At Rick’s birth in 1962 the umbilical cord coiled around his neck and cut off oxygen to his brain. Dick and his wife, Judy, were told that there would be no hope for their child’s development.

Well, dad never knew the meaning of surrender or giving up. Some kinda son and some kinda dad!! I watched a tribute video for them and was so moved by that. It's included here too, I hope you like it.


Peace, One World.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

hiyya jen :) Yeah, he's something ain't he? Caught this link awhile back. Awesome father and son. Most of us can learn something from them.

Unknown said...

1st,you look awesome jen! now, coming back to the topic at hand, yup, guys like this don't come everyday. Wish the spirit is in all of us.

Anonymous said...

i cried like mad watching that video. It was sad and moving! The spirit of that dad is beyond me to put into words jen. Men like him are the ones that give this world some form of hope!

bless you

JenMarie said...

Thank you guys. Yeah, I cried too!

Anonymous said...

I read about them couple of months ago. Struck me as an equivalent to the wonders of the world! honest I tell you. It's like it's even greater than the Great Wall of China!

May the stars favor them always in life's journey mahr.

kiko-mirko said...

i gotta admit. Damn, I shed a tear watching this. Bless them!

Farah said...

some man! I'd searched the skies for a man like that!

zen said...

yeah, moved me much this vid. thanks.

Unknown said...

wtf?? why can't my comment go in??? sheeesh!!! arrrrghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

JenMarie said...

inuendo - it did! sup?

Anonymous said...

I can only hope to be half the man he is. Awesome, speechless when I first saw that clip.

JenMarie said...

yes, he is something sha but hun, I am happy with you the way you are. Je t'aime. Je t'adore. Toujours! Don't ever change. If ever I have a birthday wish, that would be it.